This Custom Shop Martin D-18 features woods hand selected by Northeast Music Center Inc. Store Owner and in house luthier Jack Gretz.
This guitar will be sporting a "Bearclaw" Sitka Spruce top with Quilted Mahogany back and sides.
"Bearclaw" Sitka spruce has a shallow, cross-grain curl that seems to increase cross-grain stiffness in acoustic guitars. Many luthiers feel that it enhances the tone and sustain of spruce. Strong, focused tone, a perfect match for flatpicking or Bluegrass style picking.
Quilted Mahogany provides you with rich and warm tone that boasts the low end vibe that Martin Guitars are famous for. It also shows a wavy "almost water like" pattern in the wood grain that is jaw dropping in its best examples.
If you require any additional photos or have any questions we encourage you to ask us and we will be happy to help!
Martin Custom Shop D-18 "Bearclaw" Specs:
- Body Shape - D-14 Fret
- Top Wood - "Bearclaw" Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood – Quilted Mahogany
- Pickguard - Faux Tortoise
- Binding – Madagascar Rosewood
- Bracing - Scalloped Sitka
- Frets - 20
- Scale length - 25.340"
- Neck Wood - Genuine Mahogany
- Neck Shape - Modified Low Oval w/ PA Taper
- Radius - 16"
- Nut Width - 1 3/4"
- Width at 12th Fret - 2 1/8"
- String Spacing - 2 5/32"
- Fretboard Wood - Black Ebony
- Inlays - Abalone
- Tuners – Grover Nickel V-9718NA 18:1 Ratio
- Logo Inlay - Select Abalone Martin Script Logo
- Nut - Bone
- Bridge - Black Ebony
- Bridge Inlay - Select Abalone 6 point Snowflakes
- Saddle - 16" Radius Compensated Bone
- Bridge Pins - Black w/ No Dots