From the Manufacturer:
The all-new Custom Shop D-28 1937 rewards players with the sonic superiority of Martin’s Authentic Series and the everyday practicality of a workhorse guitar. Regarded as the cornerstone of performance, Martin’s highly prized 1937 models set the benchmark for generations of instruments that followed. This guitar sports time-tested features like Authentic bracing, hide glue and cloth strip construction, and an adjustable truss rod which gives enthusiasts the day-in, day-out reliability of an instrument that travels well AND responds to seasonal adjustments as it matures. With the all-new Custom Shop D-28 1937 the stars have aligned again.
Visually, this Model takes advantage of our proprietary Vintage Low Gloss process with a selection of craft-quality finishes. It is available in a natural or vintage Ambertone burst finish AND your preference of our proprietary low-gloss or the new Stage 1 lightly aged finish. Lacking the heavy wear and tear of an instrument that’s seen considerable use, the Stage 1 finish with light cracking and crazing is inspired by those rare vintage instruments that were simply kept in the case and tucked away for decades. Our Stage 1 finish bears the marks of time but not the battle scars common on many vintage re-creations.
- Construction - D-14 Fret
- Top Wood - Adirondack Spruce
- Back and Sides Wood - East Indian Rosewood
- Back Purfling/Strip - Zig-Zag Authentic
- Endpiece - Antique White
- Pickguard - Tortoise Pattern
- Binding - Antique White
- Top Inlay - Bold Herringbone
- Back Inlay - Multi-Stripe
- Rosette - Style 28 Multi Stripe
- Finish - Vintage Gloss - Aged
- Frets - 20
- Scale length - 25.4"
- Neck Wood - Genuine Mahogany
- Neck Shape – Authentic 1937 w/ Standard Taper
- Fretboard Material - Ebony
- Inlays - Abalone Diamond & Square Long
- Width at Nut – 1 3/4"
- Width at 12th Fret – 2 1/4"
- Headstock Shape - Solid w/ 1937 Taper & Diamond
- Headplate Material - Rosewood
- Headplate Logo - Script Golden Era Overlay
- Tuners - Waverly Open Back Design
- Nut Material - Bone
- Bridge - Ebony
- Bridge Style - 1930 Style Belly w/ Glue in Long Saddle
- Saddle Material - Bone
- Saddle Radius - 16"
- Bridge Pin Material - Bone
Northeast Music Center is a proud Martin Custom Shop Expert. With over 30 years of experience in the world of Martin, we pride ourselves in delivering the utmost quality Martin guitars to our customers.