This Custom Shop Martin 000-18 features woods hand selected by Northeast Music Center Inc. Store Owner and in house luthier Jack Gretz.
This guitar will be sporting a "Bearclaw" Sitka Spruce top with Quilted Mahogany back and sides.
"Bearclaw" Sitka spruce has a shallow, cross-grain curl that seems to increase cross-grain stiffness in acoustic guitars. Many luthiers feel that it enhances the tone and sustain of spruce. Strong, focused tone, a perfect match for flatpicking or Bluegrass style picking.
Wild Grain East Indian Rosewood has a sporadic "wild" figuring to the wood grain that makes it stand out from your typical example of East Indian Rosewood. It makes for a "one of a kind" style to the guitar.
Martin Custom Shop D-28 "Bearclaw" Specs:
- Body Shape - D-14 Fret
- Top Wood - "Bearclaw" Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood – Wild Grain East Indian Rosewood
- Pickguard - Faux Tortoise
- Binding – European Flamed Maple
- Bracing - Scalloped Sitka
- Frets - 20
- Scale length - 25.340"
- Neck Wood - Genuine Mahogany
- Neck Shape - Modified Low Oval w/ PA Taper
- Radius - 16"
- Nut Width - 1 3/4"
- Width at 12th Fret - 2 1/8"
- Fretboard Wood - Black Ebony
- Inlays - N/A
- Tuners – Grover Nickel 18: Ratio
- Nut - Bone
- Bridge - Black Ebony
- Saddle - 16" Radius Compensated Bone
- Bridge Pins - Black w/ No Dots