Martin took the GPCX2AE MACASSAR and reimagined it. The result is the GPC-X2E Macassar. This Grand Performance sized model features a cutaway body with a sapele top and Macassar pattern high-pressure laminate (HPL) back and sides. New mother-of-pearl pattern inlay on the rosette and fingerboard lend a richness to the GPC-X2E Macassar, making it as impressive to look at as it is to play. With a Performing Artist neck, fingerboard, and bridge of select hardwood, the sound transfer of this model has been greatly improved. It is equipped with Fishman® MX electronics and strung with Martin’s Authentic Acoustic Lifespan® 2.0 strings. With a new, soft gig bag featuring headstock, bridge, and endpin protectors, a durable water-repellent exterior, and foam padding, this model is ready to go anywhere.
- Body Shape - Grand Performance Cutaway
- Top Wood - Solid Sapele
- Back & Sides Wood – HPL Macassar Pattern
- Pickguard - Tortoise Pattern
- Binding – N/a
- Bracing - X Brace
- Frets - 20
- Scale length - 25.4
- Neck Wood - Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape - Performing Artist
- Radius - 16"
- Nut Width - 1-3/4"
- Fretboard Wood - Select Hardwood
- Inlays - MOP Dots
- Tuners – Chrome Enclosed Gear
- Nut - White Corian
- Bridge - Select Hardwood
- Saddle - Compensated White Tusq
- Bridge Pins - White
- Fishman MX