First introduced in 1976, the StingRay has been revered as one of the most iconic bass guitars in history. The StingRay was the first production four string bass to feature onboard active equalization. The flagship of the Music Man line, today's StingRay is the same as it was some forty years ago, featuring a solid roadworthy construction, elegant oval pickguard, 3+1 tuning key configuration, and the ever-popular Music Man humbucker -- all of which combine to produce a look, feel, and sound that is remarkably unmistakable.
- Construction - Bolt-On, Solid Body
- Body Wood - Alder
- Pickguard - 3-Ply White
- Finish - Snowy Night Gloss
- Frets - 22 High-Profile Stainless Steel
- Scale length - 34"
- Neck Wood - Roasted Maple
- Nut Width - 1 11/16"
- Fretboard Material - Roasted Maple
- Inlays - Dots
- Tuners - Custom Music Man, lightweight with tapered string posts and ergonomic clover design
- Nut Material - Proprietary
- Bridge - Vintage Music Man® top loaded chrome plated, steel bridge plate with vintage nickel plated steel saddles
- Knobs - Knurled Dome Style
- Hardware Type - Chrome Plated
- Bridge Pickup - Single Humbucking with Neodymium magnets
- 3-band active preamp with 18 volts of headroom; vol, treble, mid, bass