This Gibson Les Paul was modified to replicate Neil Young's Old Black Les Paul.
This replica, based on a Gibson USA 50's Tribute made in 2010, is a heavily modified Goldtop model representing the looks and sounds of Neil Young's famous guitar.
- Binding added to body and neck (this included routing of the body and neck)
- Schaller M6 tuners
- Bigsby B7 USA (aged to match original)
- Original Gibson switch tip and amber bell knobs
- Additional switch to cancel the tone and volumes and direct full power to Bridge Pickup
- Original Aluminum handmade and aged back plates, bell truss rod cover, P90 casing and Bridge pickup ring.
- Copper pickguard which has been steel plated and aged to show wear similar to original.
- Bigsby arm tip was soldered with copper and aged to show similar play wear of original
- Bridge Pickup changed to Seymour Duncan Antiquity Firebird Model
- Real Maple strip routed through the back of body and neck smiliar to the original.
- Headstock cap removed and replaced with Honduran Mahogany cap
- Routed headstock to show that it once had binding that was removed
- Original Gibson logo and Crown parts
- Guitar has been aged to maximum spec, taking every detail to close attention
- Nitrocellulose lacquer applied to guitar throughout aging process
- Dunlop Strap Locks
- Gibson Hardshell Cae and "Souldier Peace and Dove Strap"