Another very successful trip to the PRS wood Library, The PRS 594 Model has been in such high demand we wanted to offer another opportunity to do another special
Wood Library run of this model; Our Last 594 Wood Library run sold out immediately so back to PRS to reload on the quilted maple top McCarty 594 guitars. For those of you who are not familiar with the term "Wood Library," it is simply a special program that dealers are encouraged to participate in, where they can choose the wood with the help of the sales team and Paul Smith himself at PRS Guitars. The process involves sifting through hundreds of sets of outstanding wood to find the most figured tops and the straightest grain necks, giving the buyer a unique and special instrument.
Vintage Heart with Modern Playability
The McCarty 594 is a vintage-inspired instrument that is at once incredibly familiar and effortlessly playable. Whether you are looking for rich, authentic, vintage humbucking tones or nuanced, sweet singlecoil sounds, the McCarty 594 can seamlessly master both sonic territories thanks to the 58/15 LT pickups and push/pull coil taps on the tone controls. The electronics layout, a few key specifications, and PRS craftsmanship combine in the McCarty 594 to create an instrument that plays in tune, is intonated the entire length of the neck, and feels like a guitar that you’ve been playing forever.
A few key specifications that contribute to the McCarty 594’s tone and feel are:
- A 24.594” scale length, just slightly longer than 24.5” and where the model gets its name.
- 58/15 LT pickups. LT, meaning low turns, which give the guitar a warm, clear tone.
- 2 volume and 2 tone controls positioned so players can roll off both volume knobs at the same time.
- The added versatility of push/pull coil taps for each pickup for more tonal options
- A new Pattern Vintage neck carve, which shares the same width measurements as PRS’s Pattern neck but is slightly thicker front to back and features an asymmetrical carve with a little less meat on the treble side and a little more meat on the bass side of the neck.
- Tweaked Phase III tuners that have an added set screw that pulls the tuner’s shaft, gear, and worm together (but take the tuner button out of play) to promote tone transfer from the string directly into the guitar itself with as little energy as possible begin detracted
- All Wood Library 594 guitars will come with Black Paisley Hardshell cases and all will have Brazilian rosewood fretboards
This special Wood Library Run will have 5 different colors
|VIOLIN AMBER SUNBURST / NATURAL BINDING|
|FADED MCCARTY BURST|
|BLACK GOLD BURST / NATURAL BINDING|
|Top Wood||Handpicked Carved Quilted Maple 10 Top|
|Back Wood||Light Weight Mahogany|
|Number of Frets||22|
|Neck Wood||Quartersawn Figured Mahogany|
|Neck Shape||Pattern Vintage|
|Fretboard Wood||Figured Brazilian Rosewood with Faux Bone Binding|
|Fretboard Inlay||Birds, Green Ripple outline w Paua centers|
|Bridge||PRS Two-Piece, Cast Zinc|
|Tuners||Phase III Locking Tuners|
|Treble Pickup||58/15 LT Treble|
|Bass Pickup||58/15 LT Bass|
|Controls||Two Volume and Two Push/Pull Tone Controls with 3-Way Toggle Pickup Switch on Upper Bout|
"The 594 is the best new guitar I've played in years. It has a vintage heart and soul but without the technical limitations that usually come along with an old instrument. What good is an old guitar if you can't get all that feel out of the upper frets, or the intonation is off? To hear that old PAF sound but be able to articulate the notes in a way that only modern manufacturing could allow is so exciting." – John Mayer