The iBeam’s MIPA award-winning design employs a matched pair of virtually weightless film sensors that flex with the soundboard to trace your guitar’s voice much like diaphragms in a stereo mic. A key advantage over typical bridge plate sensors is the iBeam’s “cardioid” like response pattern that inhibits feedback and string squeak while selectively admitting rich tone-producting vibrations.
iBeam Active System™
The iBeam Active pairs the iBeam with an all-discrete Class A endpin preamp with soundhole volume control. The sweet and ultra-quiet audiophile-grade preamp faithfully amplifies every nuance of the pickup. Superior sound and performance is built in for easy plug-and-play performance. An auxiliary passive channel is also available for adding a secondary pickup.
The iBeam Active is also great for direct studio or home recording. Comparison tests have demonstrated that the fidelity of this system is a great alternative to studio microphones.
- Quick and easy installation
- Includes iBeam placement jig (pin bridge guitars only)
- Natural string-to-string balance and dynamics
- Fits most X-Braced guitars
- All-discrete Class A preamp for warm, analog sound
- Available in steel and nylon string versions