When Leo Fender† launched the G&L L-2000™ bass in 1980, it was clear he was ready to make history all over again. Never before had such a wide range of tones come from a single bass, and throughout its evolution the iconic L-2000 has continued to win the hearts of bassists of every style and musical taste.
The foundation of the L-2000 is a pair of G&L Magnetic Field Design™ humbuckers backed by the flexible Tri-Tone™ control system, providing the sort of versatility that’ll let you find your tone no matter what kind of bass line you’re laying down. The Tri-Tone system features a trio of mini toggles for pickup selection, series/parallel signal routing and active/passive operation, as well as a trio of knobs for volume, treble and bass. With all that under the hood, Leo gave the L-2000 the kind of chops that’ll fit in any situation, from classic R&B to power-packed rock to poppin’ funk. What’s more, the L-2000 features an innovative Leo Fender-designed Saddle-Lock™ bridge to transfer string energy right into the body end-grain for an incredibly resonant instrument.
The Tribute® Series L-2000 delivers the magic of Leo’s revolutionary bass at a price attainable for every working musician. Once you play a G&L Tribute Series, you’ll never look back.
- o Construction - Bolt On, Solid Body
- o Body Wood - Swamp Ash
- o Finish - Blue Burst
- o Frets - 21 Medium Jumbo
- o Scale length - 34"
- o Neck Wood - Maple
- o Neck Shape - Medium C
- o Fretboard Wood - Maple
- o Inlays - Black Dots
- o Tuners - Traditional Open Back
- o Nut - Tusq
- o Bridge - Leo Fender Designed Saddle Lock
- o Knobs - Knurled Dome Style
- o Hardware Type - Chrome
- o Pickups - Two L-spec G&L MFD™ humbucking pickups made in Fullerton, California
- o Controls - Tri-Tone™ system with 3-position pickup selector, series/parallel switch, 3-position pre-amp mode switch, volume, treble, bass