As in the original, the inspiring round, fat WalkAbout Tone is joined by comprehensive rotary shelving Tone controls and a semi-parametric EQ, giving you total shaping authority in the preamp. The new WD800 also features the Subway D800 Plus’s highly effective HIGH PASS FILTER and a new POWER AMP DAMPING control, which allow tuning of the sub-low frequencies and power response options respectively. The POWER DAMPING choices enable you to tailor the tracking and feel of the power amp. The LOW setting produces a looser, more relaxed and blooming character reminiscent of Tube power. HIGH tightens the low end, adding punch and accuracy in tracking, while MEDIUM provides a blend of these opposite ends of the power response spectrum.
The WD-800 can perform as a stand-alone Head or be mounted in 2 Spaces within standard 19” Racks by attaching the optional Rack Ears (not included). Whether you’re looking for a lightweight new main rig to replace your heavy linear amp with a bigger, wider sound and more complex harmonic content than the lightweight options you’ve tried, or just a compact, portable head for everyday gigging and recording that will fill the room with luscious Tone, the new WD-800 covers bases with power and versatility to spare. Not exactly a WalkAbout or a Subway, but rather everything great about both combined in a super-responsive compact, lightweight, big-power platform, just as you ordered!
- Built in Petaluma, CA using the world's finest materials
- 800 Watts at 4 or 2 Ohms / 400 Watts at 8 Ohms
- Light-Weight Class D Power Amp & 8/4 or 2 Ohm Impedance Switch & Variable Damping Control
- 2-Stage Class A Vacuum Tube Preamp w/ 1x Mesa 12AT7
- Variable High-Pass Filter (25Hz-125Hz), Fully Active 5-Band EQ (+/- 12dB) featuring Bass, Treble and a selectable/bypassable 3-Band Semi-Parametric EQ Sweepable from 80Hz-1KHz, 150Hz-2.5KHz & 300Hz-5KHz respectively, and a Passive Mid Control
- External Switching Jack for Parametric EQ & Mute (Footswitch Sold Separately)
- Fully Buffered Series FX Loop
- Balanced XLR Out with Pre/Post, Line/Mic & Ground Lift Switches
- Tuner Output (back panel) with Play/Mute Switch (front panel) and External Mute Switching Jack (back panel) - See "Footswitch" in the Accessories Section for additional options
- 2 - Speakon Output Jacks (no 1/4" speaker jacks) - 8, 4 or 2 Ohms
- Headphone Output
The new 2x10 SUBWAY® Diagonal Bass Cabinet brings even higher power handling to the ultra-portable, ultra-lite SUBWAY Cabinet lineup. This 2x10 stacks nicely on another 2x10 Diagonal, and both 1x12 and 1x15 SUBWAY Cabinets, creating more mix-and-match rig options that are easy to transport, handle the power and look as impressive as they sound when used in combination!
- Style/type - Tuned Front Ported Tri-porting
- Speakers & Mounting Position - Subway Neodymium Speaker
- High Frequency Horn - Yes
- Horn Control and Protection - Premium Attenuator
- Wattage - 600 Watts
- Cabinet Impedence 8ohm (only)
- Connectors - Componation Speakin & 1/4" Input and Paralleled Output
- Transport Assistance - Optional (sold separately) - Quick Detach Transport System or Track-Loc™ Removable Casters