As in the original, the inspiring round, fat WalkAbout Tone is joined by comprehensive rotary shelving Tone controls and a semi-parametric EQ, giving you total shaping authority in the preamp. The new WD800 also features the Subway D800 Plus’s highly effective HIGH PASS FILTER and a new POWER AMP DAMPING control, which allow tuning of the sub-low frequencies and power response options respectively. The POWER DAMPING choices enable you to tailor the tracking and feel of the power amp. The LOW setting produces a looser, more relaxed and blooming character reminiscent of Tube power. HIGH tightens the low end, adding punch and accuracy in tracking, while MEDIUM provides a blend of these opposite ends of the power response spectrum.
The WD-800 can perform as a stand-alone Head or be mounted in 2 Spaces within standard 19” Racks by attaching the optional Rack Ears (not included). Whether you’re looking for a lightweight new main rig to replace your heavy linear amp with a bigger, wider sound and more complex harmonic content than the lightweight options you’ve tried, or just a compact, portable head for everyday gigging and recording that will fill the room with luscious Tone, the new WD-800 covers bases with power and versatility to spare. Not exactly a WalkAbout or a Subway, but rather everything great about both combined in a super-responsive compact, lightweight, big-power platform, just as you ordered!
- Built in Petaluma, CA using the world's finest materials
- 800 Watts at 4 or 2 Ohms / 400 Watts at 8 Ohms
- Light-Weight Class D Power Amp & 8/4 or 2 Ohm Impedance Switch & Variable Damping Control
- 2-Stage Class A Vacuum Tube Preamp w/ 1x Mesa 12AT7
- Variable High-Pass Filter (25Hz-125Hz), Fully Active 5-Band EQ (+/- 12dB) featuring Bass, Treble and a selectable/bypassable 3-Band Semi-Parametric EQ Sweepable from 80Hz-1KHz, 150Hz-2.5KHz & 300Hz-5KHz respectively, and a Passive Mid Control
- External Switching Jack for Parametric EQ & Mute (Footswitch Sold Separately)
- Fully Buffered Series FX Loop
- Balanced XLR Out with Pre/Post, Line/Mic & Ground Lift Switches
- Tuner Output (back panel) with Play/Mute Switch (front panel) and External Mute Switching Jack (back panel) - See "Footswitch" in the Accessories Section for additional options
- 2 - Speakon Output Jacks (no 1/4" speaker jacks) - 8, 4 or 2 Ohms
- Headphone Output
Simply put, the 2x12 Ultra-Lite Rocks! With a blend of classic 10” punch and a warmth most never have enough of, the fullness and spread 15s are famous for, and finally, a musical, organic sounding midrange character that does plectrum styles true justice, this 2x12 may be the perfect choice for many players who want something unique. Subway Ultra-Light design applied here creates a viable, manageable option for big cab Tone in a compact footprint. Most who experience the 2x12 Ultra-Lite are immediately impressed with its giant sound and fullness. They are typically equally impressed with its light weight and portability. When used in tandem with a second 2x12, shocking depth, boldness and coverage are unveiled. Again, as with the other Subway compacts, combining the 2x12 with either 10s or 15s allows for complete customization of your Tone. Experience the new frontier of 2x12 Bass cabinetry the way only a Subway Ultra-Lite can offer.
- Tuned Front Ported Tri-Porting™ (2 x 4.85" square x 4" deep / port area = 48.0 sq. in.)
- Subway Neodymium Speakers / Front Mounted
- High Frequency Horn
- 4 ohms
- Light-Weight Italian Poplar Construction