Available now at Northeast Music Center!
Whether you’re a classic spring reverb fan, a studio rack aficionado, or an ambient soundscape creator searching for new sonic textures, the sounds you are looking for are here.
blueSky provides three different reverb types: plate, room, and spring, and each type can produce everything from stunning realism to expanded sounds far beyond what would be physically possible, while always remaining musical and beautiful.
Intuitive and powerful tone shaping controls allow you to easily dial in an endless variety of inspiring sounds. And with ultra low noise, high performance 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters and a 20Hz to 20kHz frequency response, blueSky is equally at home on top of a studio console or in front of a tube amp.
All New Features.
Our second generation blueSky offers true studio quality reverbs in a compact pedal, and adds significant new features, incorporating technological advancements, hardware improvements and design enhancements to give you additional flexibility, power, and ease of use on stage and in the studio.
- A dedicated Shimmer knob and new Shimmer behaviors yield an inspiring variety of immersive new sounds.
- A new Mod switch allows you to select the modulation depth for each reverb type.
- A beautiful new Spring algorithm creates extraordinary vintage spring reverb sounds, as well as expanded spring textures and hauntingly unique interactions with an octave-down Shimmer.
- A premium analog JFET input circuit ensures superb responsiveness to your playing, and you can select mono or stereo input with the flick of a rear panel switch.
- In addition, you can now control blueSky with an expression pedal or MultiSwitch Plus.
- All this, plus a new ARM DSP chip provides more processing power for every sonic nuance, with less energy consumption on your pedalboard.
- Full MIDI implementation allows you to control just about every knob, switch, and setting remotely via the EXP/MIDI jack or USB.
- And you can save and recall all the new sounds you create via 300 onboard MIDI preset locations.
blueSky features three reverb types, each with their own distinct flavor for every reverb application you may need. A high-quality vintage plate reverb gives you the smooth, crisp reverberations heard on classic records from the 60s and 70s.
A versatile room reverb places your tone in cozy small rooms, massive arenas, and everywhere in between. Our splashy spring reverb, a faithful recreation of the best vintage spring reverb circuits we could find, instantly adds character and retro mojo to any signal.
Dedicated tone controls make blueSky one of the most versatile reverb pedals around. blueSky’s Low control tightens up the low end of your reverb by gradually dampening the low end frequencies, perfect for cleaning up muddy or boomy low end reverberations.
For dark, moody reverbs, use the High control to roll back the high frequencies and dial in the exact tone you’re looking for.
blueSky’s unique Shimmer function can add sparkle or depth as well as expanded dimension and complexity to your tone by adding pitch shifting “in the tank.” This artifact-free pitch effect has a distinctive organic sound.
blueSky’s Shimmer behaves differently depending on which reverb type is selected. Turn the Shimmer knob up when using the plate reverb to add regenerative octave-up pitch shifting. With the room reverb, shimmer regeneratively adds an octave plus a fifth.
When used with the spring reverb, an intriguing octave down pitch effect with adjustable LFO speed is achieved.
There is a certain magic to the lush effects that can be created by modulating the lengths of the individual delay lines responsible for the reflections in a reverb tank.
With blueSky’s Mod switch set to its light position, the delay lines are modulated to add subtle motion to the reverb tail. With the Mod switch set to deep, the signal entering the reverb tank is also modulated, in addition to the individual delay lines within the reverb tank.
blueSky features a full suite of powerful and intuitive reverb controls for easily dialing in your dream reverb tone in the studio or on the stage.
A dedicated Mix control lets you determine just the right ratio of wet to dry signal, from no reverb at all, to 50/50 at 3 o’clock, all the way to full wet, reverb-only tones.
blueSky’s Decay control determines how long you want your reverb to ring out. Go from short, snappy reverb tails, to spacious, nearly-infinite reverberations.
Pre-Delay lets you add space between your dry signal and reverb — a handy tool for maintaining clarity when using higher Mix and Decay settings.